Tuesday, March 10, 2009

they found her on the heath in the jew corner

So since I'm in Mile End- land of the Hasids and their adorable children dressed in identical outfits- there's always alot of celebration for jewy holidays. But the most fabulous holiday HAS to be purim. Back in small town americana if there was any purim celebration it was happening behind closed doors, perhaps in people's basements with the lights off. But in mile end the streets are overflowing with jewish children dressed up as....well, really weird things. My roommate says that purim is like the jewish halloween but really it's a lot stranger than that. There's all these colorful hats and bells and feathers...which I have to say is very nice to see on a group of people that are usually dressed from head to toe in blacks, navy blues, and browns. A better holiday to compare it to might be Mardis Gras. Anyhoo, its awesome to see my jewy bros cut loose a little- so heppy purim!

After that little babble fit I'd like to take a moment to recognize one Jeanne, first time blogger and future chick lit novelist extraordinaire. Jeanne IS the queen of all that is witty, spicy, sexy, fun and hilarious and she NEEDS to show herself off to the whole bloggin' world! Blog, Jeanne, blog!

1 comment:

Jeanne Mcfly said...

AHHHHHHHH I love you! I'm tryyying. I'm sure it wont be nearly as witty and cleaver as yours. *Sigh* I miss you come back to my non-internet life!!!
oxxoxo